July 21, 2015
When it comes to plugins, the possibilities are endless, which means we have tons of choices to make throughout the life-cycles of our plugins. Some of the different aspects we’ll dive into include:
• Taking a plugin from the drawing board to launch
• Creating commercial plugins
• Releasing free plugins on WordPress.org and Github
• Creating plugins for individual client projects.
• Plugin support, expectations, documentation, etc.
• Adopting plugins, maintenance, new features, etc.
Over the years, I’ve had a chance to do many of the above poorly, and have also learned from those experiences and done them the right way too. Whether experienced or just getting into the game, learn something new and think about things a bit differently in your adventures.