Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

WordPress Troubleshooting and Support

Public Group active 3 months, 3 weeks ago ago

WordPress support from our community

Why switch from Drupal to WordPress?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sveta 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sveta
    Participant

I wonder about the reason for an organization for switching from Drupal to WP: http://wpnyc.org/groups/job-board/forum/topic/need-a-wordpress-ui-developerdesigner-to-upgrade-nonprofits-website/

Not to say that I want to poke fun at Drupal – for me it’s just easier to set up websites using WP than Drupal as a front-end person. If I were to do a website with Drupal, I would need to collaborate with a developer (because Drupal has a higher learning curve) – but with WP I can do most things to create a website by myself (depending on a project scope).

If some people claim that Drupal has more features than WordPress (like integrating wiki and forums), why would some organizations want to switch from Drupal to WordPress? Is it because WP is more user friendly than Drupal or has certain things that Drupal doesn’t?

Steve
    Keymaster

@Sveta– I haven’t really Drupal in years, but the feedback I receive is that WordPress is easier to use for both Developrer’s and Users. And you can do ANYTHING in WordPress.

This article may explain more.

Sveta
    Participant

Thanks, Steve.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.