Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

Plugins

Public Group active 1 year, 1 month ago ago

Talk about your favorite plugins and ask others for advice about finding or using Wordpress plugins

Social media share buttons for wordpress galleries

This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan Rodriguez 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Susan Rodriguez
    Participant

Does anyone know of a plugin that will add social media share buttons to the wordpress gallery items ?

I am using sharethis, but it seems to only work on pages, posts, but not the specific gallery items.

amylaneio
    Spectator

A feature like that would most likely only be part of a gallery plugin. A quick search of the plugin repository came up with this:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gallery-share/

It only shares via Facebook, though, but it might put you in the right direction.

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

I upgraded my site to WordPress 3.5 and installed the Share This Plugin. The share link is showing on specific gallery items. I know that this didn’t use to be the case. So either its a new version of the plugin or new gallery setup in 3.5.

You might also be able to paste the code that you can find on the settings page into your attachment.php template.

Susan Rodriguez
    Participant

Thanks Margarete!, I missed your reply somehow.
    I tried the route of adding the code to a filter on the gallery shortcode. Which worked sort of. The attachment url link wasn’t passed however, so for facebook it linked to the page and not the item.

I may have to re-look at the attachment.php template as an option or better yet with your info on 3.5 update see if the share this links show up now on the gallery items.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.