Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

Plugins

Public Group active 10 months, 1 week ago ago

Talk about your favorite plugins and ask others for advice about finding or using Wordpress plugins

Plugin that enlarges images on mouseover

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dianeb 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Daniel Wiener
    Participant

Hello,
    I am looking for a plugin that will enlarge an image when you mouseover a thumbnail – something like what Google Images does. I have been surprised that I have not found anything out there that is simple that does that. I would prefer something written in jQuery.

This is for some art students I work with. So I am essentially not paid. Therefore I need a plugin and can’t build my own solution.

And because of the need for simplicity, I don’t want to use NextGen Gallery.

Thank you,
    Daniel Wiener

dianeb
    Participant

Hey DW. I did the same sort of search recently and couldn’t find exactly what I wanted. I came across this site (http://andredaloba.com/) awhile back and liked the goofiness of the click and enlarge. It uses Highslide. And I think there’s a WP plugin. It’s not on mouseover, but maybe you could tweak it. There’s also a FancyBox plugin that is similar. Again, not on mouseover. I also discovered you could do some CSS and use the hover state. But it’s not elegant. (or at least what I came up with was not).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.