Group Admins

Plugins

Public Group active 4 years, 4 months ago ago

Talk about your favorite plugins and ask others for advice about finding or using Wordpress plugins

Ad Rotator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Courtney
    Participant

Do not want to have to use Google Adsense, since I sell my own ads. What is the best, and easiest to add to and manage, ad rotator for banner/click through ads in a sidebar? Would prefer not to have to go into the site code if possible.

Steve
    Keymaster

One of the best ways to serve ads is using Google / Doubleclick. It’s absolutely free and you don’t have to use adsense: http://www.google.com/dfp/info/sb/

Once setup you will have to place a small bit of code in your Header. Probably best to add the code to functions.php. Then you can easily setup Text widgets to display your ads.

Steve

Courtney
    Participant

But looking for a way to not have someone else administer payments, like Google and Doubleclick, because I have my own marketing and advertising. Need a way to ad rotate the banner ads that my clients provide.

Steve
    Keymaster

DFP is an ad server. They only handle adsense payments… if you choose to show adsense. You can totally run any ad you want and never involve them with payments.

Steve
    Keymaster
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.