A place for job opportunities
Back End WordPress Developer Sony DADC
August 21, 2013 at 10:04 pm #1685David RiosParticipant
Sony DADC New Media Solutions, a division of Sony Corporation, is a pioneering provider of end-to-end digital supply chain solutions to customers across the media and entertainment industries, including major film studios, broadcasters, music labels, game companies, software providers, and other content providers. Driven by quality, excellence and innovation we draw on proven expertise and a unique understanding of the global media marketplace to develop next-generation solutions that deliver the speed and efficiency required by today’s digital media businesses and the audiences they serve. With facilities across the globe including major hubs in Los Angeles, New York, London, Salzburg, and Hong Kong, Sony DADC provides innovative and intelligent supply chain solutions that enable our customers to respond quickly to every media opportunity – anywhere in the world.
The GENERATOR team within Sony DADC is responsible for creating customer-facing applications and web experiences that allow entertainment brands and media assets to connect directly to fans. In a rapidly evolving digital space, the group is responsible for exploring new opportunities and defining the future of digital discovery and consumption. The GENERATOR network supports hundreds of web properties, generates millions of dollars in revenue, and spans platforms such as ecommerce, mobile distribution, artist websites, social networking, media streaming, and more.
The Back End Web Developer plays a key role in the expansion and maintenance of our propriety WordPress platform. This role requires a deep understanding of WordPress core and plugin development strategies. This position is located in New York, NY.
• Vetting of plugin and infrastructure compatibility against core update release candidates
• Maintenance of proprietary plugins and creation of custom plugins as outlined by the Technical Project Manager
• With an understanding of Sony GIIS security standards, must be able to address these requirements to core and plugins where applicable
• Troubleshooting website and technology issues across our platform
• Provide ongoing support and detailed documentation for both core and plugins
• Keep abreast of WordPress enhancements and updates and make recommendations on how they can be used to improve the platform
• Managing all source code in Github
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
• 3 years minimum PHP & MySQL development experience, including object oriented PHP
• Deep understanding of the WordPress core, codex, theming, best practices, plugin development and API integration
• Understanding of WordPress custom content types and taxonomies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Flexibility regarding changing priorities and the ability to meet deadlines
Send reply to [email protected]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.