September 18, 2012
Don’t you wish WordPress had a few more settings to help you tailor your site to your needs? We all do. Until now we had to search for code snippets or install multiple plugins to get WordPress just right. Well not anymore!
Steve Bruner will be demonstrating how just one plugin can do it all. The “WordPress Helpers” plugin is the missing settings page for WordPress, and let’s you easily:
- Set your excerpt length in Words or Characters.
- Increase the height of the Excerpt box.
- Remove some (or all) of the WordPress default widgets.
- Get rid of Jabber, AIM or Yahoo IM in the user profile fields.
- Disable RSS feeds.
- Remove the WordPress toolbar or just some of it’s components.
- Change “Howdy”
- and much, much more!