February 24, 2014
You installed some DIY security and installed a security plugin, but your site got hacked anyway!
Whether you’re a website owner, a development professional or somewhere in between, you do not want your site to get hacked. It takes lots of time and effort to restore a site after an attack, if it can be restored.
D.K. Smith will present methods for repairing hacked sites in a LIVE case study!
One of his company’s honeypot sites was hacked. We’ll get to peek over D.K’s shoulder as he works on it live:
- the very first thing you should do.
- #1 thing you shouldn’t do!
- how to create your own WordPress emergency response plan
- essential clean-up tools
- steps to restore hacked sites and why your backups may be useless
- hacker hangouts and insights on how they go about exploits
D.K. will go through the clean-up step-by-step and share tips on how to determine an appropriate repair process, along with details on important decision points.