Group Admins

WordPress Troubleshooting and Support

Public Group active 1 year, 6 months ago ago

WordPress support from our community

Unique password protected pages for individual dealers – Login from widget area.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Keymaster

Vincent–

WordPress has built in Password Protected pages. They are not tied to a user login, you have to create a password per page.

If this doesn’t work for you let me know. I don’t think this would be difficult to build with Piklist.

Vincent Gentile
    Participant

Hi Steve – I am familiar with the password protected pages built into WordPress. I really need to access the individual password protected pages from a sidebar widget or dealer login page.

I loaded Piklist into a staging site…..can you point me in the right direction….would I build a form or widget…(or plugin)…..?

Steve
    Keymaster

Hi Vincent–

I believe you need to write three pieces of code. The first two can be done very quickly with Piklist:
    1) Create a login widget.
    2) Create a dropdown meta box to list all the registered users, so you can assign a page to them. This tutorial is here >

3)The third is just standard WordPress conditional code placed in a Page Template that checks if the logged in user matches the one chosen in step #2.

Email me directly and I will help you with this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.