Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

WordPress Troubleshooting and Support

Public Group active 3 months, 2 weeks ago ago

WordPress support from our community

twenty twelve child

This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vincent Gentile 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Vincent Gentile
    Participant

I am trying to set up a child for twenty twelve and it doesn’t seem to be picking up the style sheet…? doing everything the way I would set up a child in twenty eleven……did anything change in twenty twelve….?

Sveta
    Participant

I had that same problem, too, and I resolved it by adding a link to a child CSS in the head section.

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

I tested creating a child theme at http://wp.prevuz.net and it is working. I did everything the usual way.

Vincent Gentile
    Participant

Thanks Sveta & Margarete – I am going to add a bunch of landing pages so i would feel better knowing its working properly without adding extra code. Is it possible it’s a hosting issue….? (the twentyeleven comes up fine)

This is the correct code….? right..

/*
    Theme Name: Twentytwelve Child
    Description: Child theme for the twentytwelve theme
    Author: Your name here
    Template: twentytwelve
    */

@import url(“../twentytwelve/style.css”);

Sveta
    Participant

Vincent – it is the right code. I personally don’t add the @import because I prefer to write my own CSS rules instead of overwriting every little thing in the parent CSS.

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

Yes, that’s the code I have. I found this discussion of the issue:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-child-themes-spun-and-twenty-twelve

Vincent Gentile
    Participant

Hi Sveta – Can you tell me how to add the link that solved this problem for you….?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.