Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

WordPress Troubleshooting and Support

Public Group active 6 months, 3 weeks ago ago

WordPress support from our community

Page Won't Update

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  interglobalmedia 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

WESLEY COLL
    Participant

One page of my blog, Colltales.com, won’t update with the latest text additions. All others do, so it’s something related to that particular page.
    It already has over 240K words, and it’s been updated weekly for a few years now; not this time, though.
    No matter how I try, using both old and new editors, I get the same error message, saying that there was an ‘error saving the page, pls refresh it and try it again.’ I went over this process several times and nothing happens.
    I’ve already cleared the cache of all my browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Safari), and also have copied and pasted all content to a new page, but still it won’t update.
    I use a Mac, but that that shouldn’t be an issue. Please help. Thank you very much.

interglobalmedia
    Participant

Hi Wesley,

Do you keep your post revisions? I know it’s not related to your pages, but that might be causing some issues. If it is so, there just might be too much information for WordPress to take in and for whatever reason, that particular page is being targeted. If you don’t have the Better Delete Revision plugin installed, you should install it, clean out all those revisions from your posts and see what happens. When you aren’t using the plugin, just deactivate it and reactivate it only when you want to clean out your post revisions. You’d be surprised at how keeping so many revisions can screw things up for your website, and the particular issue you are having happened to me as well in the past. That’s one of the reasons why I started using the plugin. The other is that when you continuously clean out your post revisions, your website will load much faster. Hope this helps with your issue!

Best regards,

Maria

WESLEY COLL
    Participant

Thanks Maria. I appreciate your help. Now, how do I find/install this plug
    in? Despite being a blogger for a few years now, I’m still relatively
    ignorant about the under the hood stuff.
    I think you may be on to something since I don’t recall to have ever
    cleaned up my revisions, and every post I’ve published has several of them.
    Please let me know. Thanks so much.

Wesley

interglobalmedia
    Participant

Hi Wesley,

Go into your WordPress Website’s dashboard, down to the plugins -> add new tab, and then click on “add new” at the top left of the page. You will then be directed to a page called “add plugins”. To the right you will see a search bar with “search plugins” inside it. Type in “Better Delete Revision” and it will show up. Make sure that it states version 1.6.1 and that the plugin authors are Galerio and Urda. Then click on the “install” button, and it will install. Then you can either go back to your plugins page or activate it immediately when the install has been completed. It’s a very intuitive process.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.