Group Admins

WordPress Troubleshooting and Support

Public Group active 1 year, 1 month ago ago

WordPress support from our community

NextGEN Gallery not generating thumbnails

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sheryl Blasnik
    Participant

Wondering if anyone is using NextGEN Gallery and can help me figure out why I cannot get the 14 photos I uploaded to generate a thumbnail image. All I see in Manage Galleries is a white box with a blue X. If I click on that white box I can see the photo just fine.

If I upload the same photos using ADD MEDIA they are fine and I see the thumbnail in my media list.

The photos are all 800px x 600px and under 1mb in file size.

If I publish the Gallery I see the same thing on the site — 14 white boxes with an X in the center of each.

I do not know how to write code, not a developer.

Thanks!!!

Sheryl

Steve
    Keymaster
    Sheryl Blasnik
    Participant

Steve

I am trying to help out a friend who has a site http://www.motormouthmusic.com

When I add his 14 photos I do NOT get a thumbnail so for fun I added 2 images of my own and those 2 images have thumbnails???

All 14 of his jpg photos have no thumbnail but the 2 of mine I added to his gallery load just fine so it has something to do with his photos…..

He had a web developer do the 3 galleries shown on his PHOTO page and they all have thumbnails

I can upload his 2000px photos and the ones I resized to 800px but the NextGEN upload box crunches and generates thumbnail but it does not close after I am finished —- When I uploaded my personal pics the box closed and said upload successful.

HHMMMMMMMMM???????

I can show you a screenshot if you would like….. Or send you one of his photos???

THANKS!!!!!

Steve
    Keymaster

Maybe the photos are too large. Ask the host to bump the memory, or you should reduce the photo size.

Sheryl Blasnik
    Participant

I got it

I downloaded the images individually from DROPBOX and now they work. The gallery is posted and working!! Thanks

I signed up for the next meetup and was wondering if I bring my MACBOOK can someone help me with some changes to my theme right on the spot??

Thank you for always responding.

Sheryl

Steve
    Keymaster

I’m sure someone in the Genius Bar can help you out. See you at the meetup!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.