Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

WordPress Troubleshooting and Support

Public Group active 2 months ago ago

WordPress support from our community

I can’t log in to my WordPress admin!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  signsanssignified 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

May S. Young
    Participant

Hi.

I am in the middle of moving my client’s WordPress site to another. I think I had made a major mistake. I went into the general settings and changed the URL of the current server to the new one. Now when I try to login into my current site, I get this error, “The requested URL /wp-login.php was not found on this server.”

How can I go and reinstate the old URL and make everything run normally again.

Please advise. I’ve been pulling my hair out for weeks now.

Regards,

May

Steve
    Keymaster

You can edit this setting directly from the database. If you don’t know how to access it, ask your host.

signsanssignified
    Participant

[NOTE: THIS ISSUE IS NOW CLOSED.]

I had trouble accessing my local dev site the other day so I tried to change the password, only to discover that my local site wouldn’t recognize the new password or the old one.

Having no access to my local dashboard, not remembering my mySQL password & not having email connectivity to my local site, I followed directions on https://codex.wordpress.org/Resetting_Your_Password under “Through WP CLI” to try to reset the password. Nothing doing.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.