Group Admins

WordPress Troubleshooting and Support

Public Group active 12 months ago ago

WordPress support from our community

how to make wordpress site ipad friendly

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Margarete Koenen
    Participant

I just followed your latest link and it seems to me that whatever you did worked. Looks really nice, as a matter of fact. Congrats!

Jay
    Participant

Thank you margarete. i’m very close to where i need to be. and thanks for bearing with me. i just have slightly farther to go (this would be so much easier if i had myself ipad!!!)

but any idea how i can get the site to center better in the ipad? if you look at this new screenshot, you’ll see that all the text is right against the left border and there’s plenty of space along the right side. how do i shift the center of it over so it’s more balanced?

please advise. thanks again!

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

Yes, that looks really strange. When I resize the page in my browsers it does not do that, it stays centered. How are you previewing?
    Just looking at your screenshot, I really can’t tell. I’ll have access to an ipad again starting Tuesday morning. Maybe that will tell me more.
    I just looked at your website in http://www.ipad-emulator.com/ and it looks fine. Did you fix it in the meantime?

Jay
    Participant

i haven’t touched it since my last post about 6 hours ago. ipad-peek and ipad-emulator seem to be both rendering it the same way, but that’s not exactly how it aligns on an ipad. the screenshot i attached is what my client too via their ipad screenshot app. so the screenshot shows the misalignment, which does not appear in ipad-peek or ipad-emulator.

so if you could give some incite once you get your hands on that ipad it would be much appreciated.

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

Sure thing, I always love doing css, especially if it gives me a good excuse to take a break from php.

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

I took a lok on the ipad. What I see is slightly different from the screenshot – there is no extra space on the right. Basically it shows your page from the left edge to the right edge. Looking in firebug it appears that you have no padding on either side of the page. This works on a computerscreen since the page floats on the body background. On the ipad the page fills your screen and if there is no padding it stretches from the left edge to the right.

I also noticed that your footers are not centered. There is extra margin on the right.

Are you going to be at tonight’s WordPress meeting? I’ll have the ipad with me.

Jay
    Participant

i WILL be at tonight’s meeting! looking forward to meeting you. thanks!

Jay
    Participant

hey margarete, very nice meeting you earlier! i took your advice and added a width of 25% to the .widget-area. can you tell if that centered the footer widgets? before there was that big gap on the right side.

also, I’m not quite sure which element to put a padding on the in middle content area so that the text doesnt but up against the sides of the ipad.

any suggestions?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.