Group Admins

WordPress Troubleshooting and Support

Public Group active 2 years, 7 months ago ago

WordPress support from our community

HEADLINE COLORS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    WESLEY COLL
    Participant

I’m reinstating this ticket from last year. The problem hasn’t been resolved.

I can’t choose different colors for the fonts used on the titles/headlines of my posts, like I used to.
    All my headlines come out in the same blueish color, regardless what color they show on in the Edit Post page.
    Periodically, I did get suggestions for the problem but none worked.
    I’m able to have a sentence within a text in a different color of the rest, but not the title of the post.
    I’d appreciate if someone could help me with this issue.
    Thanks a million,
    Wesley Coll

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

What theme are you working with? Are you trying to edit the style sheet or changing settings from the dashboard?

WESLEY COLL
    Participant

Hi, Margarete,

It’s Solipsus, which I’ve been using for over a year now. No, the problem occurs once I edit a post and publish it. While the edit post page shows the different colors I’ve used for the headlines, once on the blog, they all become the same, a blueish hue.
    Thanks

Wesley

WESLEY COLL
    Participant

Hello, everybody,

Any news about this problem? Let me know, please.

Thanks

Wesley

Steve
    Keymaster

Check your css file… I would remove as many references to the headlines as possible.

WESLEY COLL
    Participant

Thanks Steve, but I think I need help to do this. I found my stylesheet but unfortunately I can’t make much sense of it.
    Also, why is that that I used to be able to use different colors for each headline, whenever I wanted to, and now I seem to be ‘trapped” using just one?
    I’m probably the only one who has no clue about this, I’m really sorry. I’ve been struggling with this issue since last year, but had been able to “preserve” a template with the particular colors I used to use and no longer can. But now that’s also lost and I can’t move on.
    Let me know.
    Thanks.
    Wesley

Steve
    Keymaster

Please send a url of a sample post you are having problems with, and which text you want to modify.

WESLEY COLL
    Participant

Hi, Steve.

Just as an example. This post
    http://colltales.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=12245&action=edit
    has already been published but it may give you an idea what’s going on.
    Even if I’d select a different color for the headline (As Far as One Can Tell, etc), say red, on this page, once I’d update it and send it, it’d still show the headline in blue.
    So, my palette of colors is definitely not working.
    The problem happens with every post, of course, so it’s not that I’m trying to modify one particular text.
    And I can’t stress this enough, I used to have the ability to choose the color for each headline according what I wanted, and it’d show that color once the post would be sent. So something happened last year, perhaps with one of the systemic updates, that made me lose that ability.
    Thanks

Wesley

Steve
    Keymaster

I would need to be logged in to see this link. Regardless, this is a WordPress.com site. Better to contact them for support.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.