Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

WordPress Troubleshooting and Support

Public Group active 8 months, 2 weeks ago ago

WordPress support from our community

Displaying Multiple Blogs

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Concepcion 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

David Concepcion
    Participant

Hi,
    I was wondering if is possible with WP 3.0 to display multiple blogs as navigation items. Meaning that each navigation link within my theme is actually a blog page. Thus having separate blog pages called news, updates, and art.

Cheers,
    🙂

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

Create the categories ‘News’, ‘Updates’ and ‘Art’ and then assign your posts to one of those categories. When you go to Appearance-> Menu you will be able to make your categories into navigation items. When you then click on one of the categories in he menu all posts in that category will display.

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

David, it is best to keep your answers within the forum instead of putting it in the activity stream.

You answered:

Hello Margarete,

I tried creating categories for each section of content and it does work well. Each category when added as a menu does takes me to a separe section to view the post independently from the group.

But what I would like to also happen is not to have all these post show up under the main blog page together. But rather independently…[Read more]

Margarete Koenen
    Participant

If I understand you right, you now have in your menu bar Home, News, Updates, Art and maybe a view other pages. News, Updates and Art are showing posts in their categories but Home is displaying all blogposts. Now, if you want to remove the special categories from the post stream, there is code you could insert into the template page that is creating the stream.

If you have not worked with templates, you could instead create a page that you will to make your Home page ( It could have a content or image slider and featured posts, for example). Then go to Settings -> Reading and select the Page you just created as your Home page. Then create a category for your remaining Posts ( it could simply be Blog) and add the category to the menu.

Hope this helps,

Margarete

David Concepcion
    Participant

Thanks for replying back 🙂

I am familiar using code and with template files as well. But I will try your second suggestion first.

Cheers,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.