Group Admins

Plugins

Public Group active 4 years, 2 months ago ago

Talk about your favorite plugins and ask others for advice about finding or using Wordpress plugins

Easing Slider Plugin Loading

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Keymaster

Feel free to share that solution with the plugin author.

Jay
    Participant

i did. thanks.

Jay
    Participant

so it seems that the easing slider code is still loading on pages other than the homepage. my primary concern is that they’re loading on my product pages.

here’s an example: http://bandstorage.com/shop/cello-display-rack/. the source code shows it at lines 26-49. this slider code is causing other problems in the page. you’ll notice that when you click on the thumbnails, the primary image does not change.

(I’m relaying this from the shopping cart plugin authors now)
    “Apparently, its creating a conflicting script. If you view the Console (not sure what they mean by “console”) on the page you’ll see the error and relavent line numbers.”

So how would I go about removing the script from the product pages too? I was under the impression the original function code would take it off all pages, except the homepage. maybe because these product pages are not formal “Pages”???

Jay
    Participant

any idea how i can remove the code from these product pages? please advise. thank you!

Steve
    Keymaster

@jake– two weeks ago you said it was working. What changed?

Jay
    Participant

The fix did work in the sense that it stopped the conflict of HTTP loading during my checkout pages, so there was no more red flag about an unsecure checkout. I think the fix created a stripped down version because there still is some slider script at the top of each page.

But I now noticed that the stripped down slider scrip that remains is causing problems on my on my product pages. I think the problem existed before I implemented the suggested fix, but I just didnt notice it. Anyway, the script that does loaded is conflicting with the other scripts on my product pages, which causes my image galleries to not work.

Hope this was clear and not an incoherent ramble 😉

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Steve
    Keymaster

@Jake– I suggest you share the fix I provided with the plugin developer, and ask him if he can modify it to fix your issue. If not, then you may need to choose another slider.

Jay
    Participant

okey doke. thank you.

Jay
    Participant

so here’s what i heard back from the developer…

“I don’t think it is possible to conditionally load the sliders scripts unless you can hardcode the pages/posts IDs into the conditional that you want to load them on. With PHP it is impossible to detect other PHP code and only do things on that basis. No other plugin I am aware of can achieve that.”

i guess i’m out of luck and will give another slider a chance though it sounds like i may run into the same issue. ;(

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.