Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

Plugins

Public Group active 10 months ago ago

Talk about your favorite plugins and ask others for advice about finding or using Wordpress plugins

Back Links…….any tips…….?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vincent Gentile 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Vincent Gentile
    Participant

Just presenting this topic topic to the group.

Does anyone have any good tips on getting back links……?
    What about different software/plugins that push the content…..?
    Pinging theory’s…..?

Steve
    Keymaster

Here’s my tip: come to this month’s meetup. Jonathan is talking about backlinks.

Jonathan Goodman
    Participant

Vincent,

There is a very big difference between setting up a backlink campaign and using pinging services to alert them of new content on your site.

I agree with Steve that this month’s meetup is the best place to start. Although, based on your question I’m realizing I might need to spend a little more time debunking the myth of backlinks then originally planned. I’ll make sure to start slow and ramp up quick.

One final note…be very cautious of any service that does their backlinks using a software/plugin. Backlinking is a slow and steady race not a marathon. If you wake up Monday morning with brand new hundred thousand links attached to your site you’d better have just been the first to announce the landing of an alien spaceship. Otherwise Google will shut you down quicker than a kid eating pancakes on a Sunday morning.

-Jonathan

Jonathan Goodman
    Participant

Let me correct that analogy: Backlinking is a Marathon not a Sprint.

Vincent Gentile
    Participant

Steve/Jonathon – Thank You……I will definitely be at the meet up…. looking forward to it.

Vincent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.