Group Admins

Plugins

Public Group active 4 years ago ago

Talk about your favorite plugins and ask others for advice about finding or using Wordpress plugins

adding microdata with shopp plugin

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Participant

does anyone else use the shopp plugin? if so, maybe you can help. I think shopp is great but their support leaves a little to be desired and i submitted a support ticket with the issue below… they moved it to the community forum… and i still havent got any help.

============================================================

so the question is, what’s the best way to go about adding microdata to my products?

Tell me if this makes sense, based on the test product I setup here (http://www.guitarstorage.com/shop/test/), to get the Product Name (Test Product) to be “mircodata’d”, would I go into the /theme/shopp/product.php file and edit line 1 to go from this…

shopp('catalog')

to this?

shopp('catalog')

And then since my description is typed out in the product editor’s “Summary” field, to add the DESCRIPTION MICRODATA, I would then edit that field to change it from this…

Blah blah blah

to this?

Blah blah blah

And I have no clue how I determine which product image I want to select to get microdata’d. Any suggestions on that?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

D.K. Smith
    Participant

What are you trying to achieve with the micro-data?

Explain why it’s important.

Jay
    Participant

trying to make it more search engine friendly with this new HTML5 product indicator functionality.

D.K. Smith
    Participant

I’ve been doing SEO professionally since 1998 (can easily prove it).

IMHO you’ll get far more benefit from getting back-links than spending time on micro-data.

At best you “may” get a 3-5% boost from micro-data, while back-links can put you on page-one in a matter of months and keep you there for a long time if done correctly.

Jay
    Participant

roger that… thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.