Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

Local Events and Classes

Public Group active 6 months, 2 weeks ago ago

Local events and class that would be interesting to this group

Training Class – WordPress Basics

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Nabeel 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nabeel
    Participant

Hi,

I’m going to be teaching a series of WordPress classes in NY (and also in NJ). The first class will focus on setting up WordPress and how it works. It’s a hands-on class: each student will be provided with their own computer and a sample website to work with during the class.

We’ll cover basics such as how the WordPress framework works (which templates are used for what, etc), and what the common WordPress APIs do (action hooks, filters, pluggable). We will discuss how themes work and how to create child themes and customize them. We’ll also cover installing and securing WordPress and talk about good ways to choose a hosting provider.

The classes are geared towards WordPress users who have some experience with WordPress but want to learn more using a structured approach. What we cover will be reinforced through hands-on work done during the class.

We have some more details here: http://ilative.com/products-and-services/wordpress-training/

If you’re interested, drop me a message and I’ll let you know when the next set of classes are.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.