York College seeks an educational technology developer to facilitate the development and maintenance of a WordPress Multisite/BuddyPress-based platform to support teaching and learning campus-wide. The Department of Academic Computing and Educational Technology (ACET) oversees this project and the position would report to Prof. Michael Smith, Director of ACET.
The position is not a contract project; it is a part-time salaried staff position at around $30 per hour (Pay based on qualifications).
Applicants should reside within commuter distance of the Jamaica, NY area.
• Project management and development:
o Maintaining and updating WordPress/MS/Buddypress platform
o Work on customization and/or create of plugins.
o Oversee models of support.
• Professional Development
o Point-person for course site-related tasks.
o Work closely with the ACET Director especially to support faculty course design/development through the platform.
• Flexibility and willingness to listen to technical and non-technical colleagues/students and adjust plan accordingly
• Experience incorporating open-source and digital technologies into teaching and learning environments.
• Experience and fluency with new technologies and social media
• Understanding of the Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concept
• Experience with PHP and SQL a must
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and have experience facilitating diverse individual and institutional constituents
• Clear communication/writing skills and comfort speaking publicly
• Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree preferred in education, computer science, learning sciences or equivalent experiences.
Please send (1) a resume and (2) a brief cover letter providing more in-depth information on your professional experience to:
Prof. Michael Smith, Director ACET at York College/CUNY
Iddan Brown, ACET York College/CUNY