A place for job opportunities
WordPress wizard needed! Full-time freelance to permanent
January 24, 2014 at 9:20 pm #1724Mike HaneyParticipant
Mag+ is seeking a contract-to-perm a Frontend Web Designer / WordPress Developer to help update and take the http://www.magplus.com site in new directions. The initial contract would be 90 days, with potential to become a permanent, full-time member of the NYC Mag+ team. The position would be near full-time, ideally based in our New York office, but open to a remote offsite person as well. Duties will include both simple updates to existing pages (some hard-coded), designing and development of new pages within WordPress, and larger, long-term projects, such as a responsive redesign.
If you’re interested, please contact [email protected] with resume, references and samples of your work.
· Experience in amending and building WordPress templates
· Experience with light MySQL, SQLite and/or simple database integration – interest and ability to work further down the stack
· Experience with site analytics & implementation (Google Analytics, Omniture)
· Experience in working with transactional and ecommerce sites a plus
· Working experience in using Git / SVN, and parallel development
· Previous experience in integrating third party web SDK’s a plus (Facebook, Twitter, Bootstrap, etc.)
· SEO / SEM experience a plus, including site metadata optimization
· Project experience in responsive & adaptive web design & development
· Conceptual & visual web design, from sketches & wireframing, to hands-on visual design
· Prototyping, ideation, and Scrum/Agile is nice to have
· Strong cross-browser testing, user-acceptance and A/B testing experience; version control
· Critical thinker, with experience being a part of a sales & marketing team – former agency & consultancy refugees encouraged to apply
· Updates to existing WordPress-driven website, including addition of new pages, integration of existing hard-coded pages into WP CMS, addition of new site sections
· Planning, ideation & execution of third-party software integrations, including, but not limited to Zuora, Salesforce.com, Facebook, and others
· Visual & graphic design in Photoshop & Illustrator, wireframing & userflows in Omnigraffle
· Work independently when necessary, but always collaboratively – communication is key
Who We Are:
Mag+ is a SAAS-model digital-publishing ecosystem, powering the app-based mobile publishing efforts of major consumer magazines like New York, Popular Science and Mad, as well as Fortune 500 clients in the B2B, B2C and enterprise space.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.