Group Admins

• Profile picture of Steve

Group Mods

No Mods

Job Board

Public Group active 15 hours, 48 minutes ago ago

A place for job opportunities

Need CSS help for a new WP project using JOBIFY theme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of EdT EdT 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of EdT
    EdT
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have been working in the past months on a new WP project. I am not a developer and my coding skills are just Ok in PHP, which allows me to create child themes, add functions, create templates and modify the style.css file. The functionalites of my new site are ok, but where I am struggling is with the CSS styling.

I would really like to find someone in NYC who could spend some hours or half-days helping me:

• play with POSITION absolute/relative, DISPLAY inline/block, tables vs. lists
    • improve the responsiveness of some of the pages I created
    • align objects properly
    • style Gravity Forms
    • manage the displaying of pictures and videos

I don’t think it is very high level CSS stuff, but I’d rather spend my time on the site’s mechanics. I think it might be good for a student or entry level developer who wants to make extra bucks on a flexible schedule during the summer.

My office is in the MeatPack/Manhattan, but I can also commute on Manhattan.

Let me know if you can help and how much you want!

Thanks

Ed

Profile photo of joyofwp
    joyofwp
    Participant

Hi Ed

I’m brand new to this group but not to WordPress or CSS which I have been using and teaching in NYC for many years.

I can help you with this. Do you want to learn or do you want me to do it?

Also, are you open to the idea of doing this via webinar so it will save on time to commute from Nutley, NJ which means it will save you money!

Bud

Profile photo of EdT
    EdT
    Participant

Hi Bud, just in case, I replied in a private message as it seems wpnyc has a few bugs with replying messages.

Profile photo of joyofwp
    joyofwp
    Participant

Hi Ed

Let me know if you got this as this is the first time I’ve ever used this site before.

1. We can Skype or talk by phone. I don’t need to see you but we could also use Facetime if that is available to you. (I rarely use Skype.)

Anytime Wed – Fri is good right now.

I’d like to see your site firs before we talk so please send url.

2. My hourly rate is $80 but I’m willing to discuss a flat fee only if I have a complete understanding of the work to be done.

3. My natural inclination is to teach and show you what I did and you sound like you’d benefit from that.

You can also reach be at [email protected] if you’d like.

Bud

Profile photo of EdT
    EdT
    Participant

Hi WPNYC community,

I am still looking for someone to help me on my WP project. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,

Ed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.