Director or Senior Manager, Product Development (Freelance or Contractor)
MTV and VH1 Digital are seeking a senior product developer who will be responsible for product strategy, product planning and product development of their 10+ brand blogs. This candidate has experience in working on consumer-facing blog platforms and developing best-in-class consumer-facing products in the entertainment field. This role will work closely with various members of the following cross-functional teams: Design, Editorial, Production, Integrated Marketing, and Research across multiple brand blogs to identify and specify new product opportunities.
• Oversee a redesign of a master template and custom WordPress plugins
• Lead the migration of MTV blogs onto centralized WordPress-based blog platform
• Develop and manage the product roadmap for the blog products with prioritized features and corresponding business cases
• Optimize social media implementation for youth audiences
• Partner closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as execution schedule
• Track product development, and develop product launch plans
• Requires a bachelor’s degree with at least five to seven years of experience in the news, entertainment, or publishing fields.
• Demonstrated success defining and launching high quality products in a consumer-oriented company
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Strong understanding of customer-focused design and usability principles
• Relevant hands-on knowledge in developer and platform product with a proven track record of product delivery
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships internally and externally
• Strong organizational skills and an entrepreneurial drive
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.