A place for job opportunities
CUNY Commons – UX
March 21, 2014 at 1:56 pm #2946Dominic GiglioParticipant
User Experience Specialist (Part-Time)
The CUNY Academic Commons, an academic social network connecting the 24 campuses of the City University of New York, seeks a UX Specialist to join our community team. This part-time, 5-7 hour per week position will focus on both UX Design and UX Research of user interfaces for our website. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong UX experience and knowledge of higher-education communities.
We’re looking for someone who relishes the challenge of finding optimal UX solutions for a constantly evolving interface that serves an active population of 5,000 users. The UX Specialist will work closely with our development and community teams to improve the current interface, work to implement new features, and ensure consistency across the site.
Portfolio of prior UX deliverables will be requested.
- Collaborate with the development team on issues of user experience
- Craft UX deliverables as needed (typically wireframes, prototypes)
- Participate in usability testing activities to identify problems, validate UX proposals
- Analyze existing site interface and identify improvements for new feature developments
- Work closely with the community and development teams of the Commons.
- Attend weekly and monthly meetings.
- 3+ yrs of professional UX design practice in web and mobile environments
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with prototyping tools
- Experience working with WordPress and BuddyPress
- Experience identifying UX problems, root causes
- Experience optimizing UX solutions
- Knowledge of User Research methods (usability test protocols)
- Prior exposure to open-source software development processes
- Strong technical/analytical skills – ability to break down complex problems
- Strong visual, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced collaborative work environment (agile)
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a CV/resume and a letter of interest to mgold at gc.cuny.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.